Friday, December 31, 2010

This will be a short but meaningful post before I hit the hay.

A good friend of mine told me today that he liked the blog but wasn't sure about the name, "Chasing God", as if God was running from us.  Now with the written word, especially on a facebook post, it's hard to hear the true tone of a comment.  Knowing him the way I do, I'm sure he was joking, or at the very least, not seriously putting me down.

Chasing God simply means this:  I want to be like David, "a man after God's own heart".  To me that verse doesn't mean that David took after God.  After all, David did some pretty wrong things.  Murder and adultery seem to come to mind.  What I feel that verse means is that David was after God's heart, he was pursuing it ... even chasing it.

Like David, I've made some bad decisions.  But also like David, I don't ever plan on quitting, or ending the pursuit.  May you begin, or continue to chase Him as well.  God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home