I'm pretty sure a depressed engineer invented the roller coaster. Who else would understand the characteristics of something that goes up and down and flips and spins, all at a very high rate of speed? This week has been a roller coaster week. I've had some great things happen on the work/self-employment front. I was invited to sing live on the radio in June by one of Michigan's country music stations. That in itself would have put me in a state of ecstasy for weeks a few years ago. However, all roller coaster's that go up must come down. I found out this week what the possibilities are to take care of the lower back and leg pain I'm still having ... and none of them were good. I didn't take that news very well.
There's a song called "Blessed Be Your Name" written by Matthew Redman ... I think. Google it. It's a song based on the twenty first verse in the first chapter of Job. It's a pretty upbeat song that a lot of church congregations sing during weekend services. I'll be singing it in a few hours at my own church for a small service. The bridge repeats this line twice ...
"You give and take away"
Then it comes back in with ...
"My heart will choose to say, blessed by Your name."
Good things come. Good things go. More good things come. And those good things go. Good days come. Good days go. Good people come into your life. Good people go out of your life. Come. Go. Come. Go. Up's. Down's. Up's. Down's. That's life. For some people the good days are more abundant than the bad days. Some people get to experience a lot of great people who become part of their life. Others don't. Some people don't have anyone they can lean on. Some people can't remember the last good day they had.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
So what does knowing this accomplish? Job lost everything ... I mean everything and everyone that was dear to him. What have I lost? A job. A measure of my health. Basketball. My 34" waist. Job lost his family, his wealth, his livestock, ... he lost everything. I'm still healthy enough to do a lot of things. I still have my wife and my family. I still have a few close friends who are there for me when I need them. I guess I know a lot of people, and some might say I have a lot of friends, but I'm talking about the ones we call 'good friends' or 'best friends' ... people who are true ... and real ... who get you. I have a house, and cars, and an awesome dog. I'm self-employed with about a 5-6 month backlog of work, which in the consulting business is very good. My guitars ... gosh, I can't leave them out. God has been good to me. He'll continue to be good to me ... and He'll continue to honor his word:
The Lord gives. The Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home