"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10
A few days ago I wrote about an upcoming experience that had the possibility of being life changing or day changing. Turns out it was just day changing. Maybe two or three days if you count the time I spent thinking, worrying, and stewing about it. Tomorrow is another one of those days.
Back in early January I took a job with a local engineering firm. Like most companies in the state of Michigan they were still struggling through the less than stellar economy when they hired me. They told me in the interview that it would be a "part time as-needed" position. It certainly was part time. It sounds weird to even talk about a professional career position as part time. It started as a 12 hour per week bit ... then it was cut to 8 ... then 2 ... then ... well ... guess you could say I wasn't that needed. They got out of me what they could ... I called every past client I had and begged for work. Nothing came of it ... other than me "going to the well" one more time with each of them than I really wanted to. Yesterday we cordially parted ways.
Now I face tomorrow ... a day that could be life changing, or simply day changing. All week I've been thinking about it. I'm meeting with a prospective client who called me to see if I was interested in working with them. I've worked with this gentleman before, so I have a pretty good feeling about my chances. Throughout the week I haven't worried. I haven't been stressing about it. I've gone back to the same prayer I've prayed so many times over the past few months: God, please open and close the doors for me, because I'm just not sure what to do.
What I do know is God's name. Well ... honestly right now I can't remember all of them, but I can remember this one: Jehovah Jireh (the God who provides). Provides ... as in continually. He's not the God who provided, or the God who considers providing now and then, or the God who's still trying to get the whole provision concept down pat. He's a God who has never forsaken those who trust in Him ... our provider.
I've been seeking Him all week regarding tomorrow. My life has always been, is, and will always be in His hands. God bless you and good night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home