Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I feel 'less than.' "
Facebook user

This was a facebook status posted a few days ago by a friend of mine.  I really haven't stopped thinking about it since I read it.  Maybe because when I read it I was feeling the same way.  The danger in thinking about a statement like that, at least for me, is my tendency to dwell on the feelings associated with it instead of thinking about moving past it.  Again God I ask, why are our feelings so powerful?

I know our enemy wants to trip us up by using our feelings against us.  I believes he also revels when our lives are idle.  Idleness seems to be my biggest enemy right now, and if idle hands really are the devil's workshop, he's doing his best to stay busy in my life.  I'm also doing my best to stay busy.  It's not always easy.  I find almost any excuse to get out of the house ... any reason to get in my car and drive somewhere other than Kroger, or to a gas station.  Anything to try to out maneuver the attacks.

Speaking of attacks, two people on my worship team aren't going to make it tonight ... and I just heard from a third while I was typing the paragraph above that she might not make it either.  I just spent awhile practicing the music for tonight ... it seemed to take me a long time to get my hands and fingers working properly in order to play the songs right on my guitar.  I don't know if it's a carry over from the 'less than' feeling I've had the past few days or what; things just don't seem well.  I decided to put my guitar down and pray.  10 minutes of prayer can do more than 10 hours of me rehearsing music.

I don't know what it is God; today feels different than my usual frustration about the usual things.  I pray God that you will show me, and anyone else who may be feeling this way, how much of a 'greater than' God you are ... show us in a way that will change us.  Bring to pass your word that says "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.".  Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home