Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I Can't Explain It

"You have not seen Christ, but still you love him.  You cannot see him now, but you believe in him.  So you are filled with a joy that cannot be explained, a joy full of glory.  And you are receiving the goal of your faith—the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter, 1:8-9, New Century Version

I had a person comment on my blog the other day ... he said this: "Chasing god? ... nice one read (link) and tell me what you think of my view."  I read his view.  I couldn't have disagreed with him more, but I wanted to at least be respectful and read what he had to say.  His view on 'the creator' is that it's an energy field floating around, and that we all came from it at one point or another.  He's also not a fan of the Bible, and spends a lot of time calling the people who wrote it 'idiots'.  He's equally against organized religion.

I read what he had to say ... twice.  At the end of the second read I was deeply saddened.  How can someone think that we came from an energy field?  Not just to think it, but to share that thought with others with conviction?  When you have a moment, open up Google and type in "miracle of the human eye".  Read a few of the articles that come up.  Scientists have tried to re-create the processing power of the human eye using computers and have failed.  They've concluded that only an all powerful creator-God could have created the human eye.  I just don't see how that creative being could be an energy field.

I've never seen the wind ... just the effects of the wind.  Does it mean the wind isn't there just because I can't see it?  We can't see gravity, but we've seen the effects of gravity.  Does it not exist just because we can't see it?   I've never seen Jesus ... just the effect that He's had on my life and the lives of countless others.  Peter says that we love Jesus even though we've never seen him.  By faith we believe that He's alive and our gift for believing is our salvation ... eternal life.  Just because we can't see Jesus doesn't mean that He doesn't exist.

I love the beginning of verse 9 ... it's so true.  I've never physically seen Jesus, but because of what he's done in my life ...

... because of His never-ending love for me ...
... because He has changed me, and filled me with his Spirit ...
... because He has constantly shown himself to be real in my life ...
... because He died so that I could live ...
... because He forgave me of every sin I had ever committed ...

... because of all of that and more,  I am filled with a "joy that cannot be explained, a joy that is FULL of glory."

Peter was right.  I can't explain it.  God bless you, and good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tammy T said...

I'm glad to know that my maker knows every hair on my head!

Tue Mar 08, 09:22:00 PM 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home