Friday, February 18, 2011

“Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 23:1, New International Version

“How horrible it will be for the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep in my care,” declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 23:1, God's Word Translation

When was the last time you were called a sheep?  As far as comparisons to animals go, I've been called an ass (I'm sure they were thinking of donkeys), a pig, a dog ... or dawg, but never a sheep.  At least I never was before I committed my life to Jesus.  The minute I did that, Jesus became my Shepherd, and I become a sheep in his flock.

God has never been a fan of people attacking His people.  He warn us not to "touch His anointed".  He's a loving and PROTECTIVE God.  And he's a God of action.  All you've got to do is breeze through the Old Testament to see how many nations and countries he took out to protect His people.  Let me also point out that His people (Israel) didn't always to as they were told.  That's right ... he's God folks ... and he can tell us what to do.  Israel copped an attitude at times, and when they did, God corrected the situation, but he did it because He loved them!  They were, and still are, God's chosen people!  (That's why it's good to support them, and pray for them ... just sayin').

Guess who else falls into the category of God's chosen people?  Me ... and you, if you've made the decision to let Him into your life.  He loves us so much ... well, he loves everyone, sinner and sinner-saved-by-grace alike ... and when you allow God to come into your life, he's got your back.  Does that mean that you'll avoid problems and troubles for the rest of your life?  Nope.  Does that mean that you'll drive the best cars, live in the best houses, and have the best jobs?  Nope.  So what does it mean?  Based on what I've read, what I've heard preached, and what I've experienced in my own life, I feel it means this:  God watches out for us, and does all He can do to help us avoid problems and pitfalls in life, as much as our own free will let's him.  Our will is a very strong force, but is it really stronger than God's power?  No, it's not.  Nothing is.  If God chose to, he could make every one on the planet love and worship Him.  If we don't choose of our own free will to worship Him, he promised to cause the rocks to cry out (Luke 19:40).

I think it's worth saying again that God loves you so much.  He's a good shepherd ... the best.  If you haven't yet, make the choice to trust in Him.  He'll always have your back.  He'll always protect you according to His will.  He can't help it ... it's just who He is.  God bless you, and good night.


* please note the new links added on the right side of the http://chasing-god.blogspot.com home page.  One is a link to a few songs I sang at the 2009 Lansing Bless Fest.  Another is a link to BibleGateway.com, the website I use to look up the verses I write about.  Check them both out when you have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home