Saturday, February 12, 2011

Forever I Will Be With You

I'll worship at Your throne
Whisper my own love song
With all my heart I'll sing
For You my Dad and King
I'll live for all my days
To put a smile on Your face
And when we finally meet
It'll be for eternity

And oh how wide You open up Your arms
When I need Your love
And how far You would come
If ever I was lost
And You said that all You feel for me
Is undying love
Then You showed me through the cross

I'll worship You my God
I'll worship You my God
I love You
I love You
Forever I will sing
Forever I will be with You
Be with You

 
"Forever" by Hillsong United

I'm singing a song at church this weekend called "For the Sake of the Call".  Of course, I've been listening to it over and over so that I'm able to 'bring it' the best I can.  On my iPod the song immediately following that song is "Forever" by Hillsong United.  (side note: if you haven't exposed yourself to the worship music put out by the Hillsongs church from Australia, you're missing out ... you need to get their music ... seriously.)  So throughout the week, and this morning, I've been listening to both songs.  This morning however I've been fixated on "Forever".  Maybe because it's such and intimate conversation between the songwriter and God.  The opening verse gives me chills, in a good way, every time I hear it.  Take a few minutes and listen to the song by clicking on the video below.


"I'll worship at your throne, whisper my own love song.
With all my heart I'll sing, to you my Dad and King."

If you're not one who loves to sing, and who has spent countless hours singing to God, those first few lines may not hit you like they hit me.  I can't count the number of times I've whispered to God in song how much I love Him.  Some days a whisper is all I can summon.  Those are the tough days ... the sad days ... the days where oppression is the ruling emotion.  Then there are the days where I sing with all my heart.  Those are the confident days ... days where I feel loved and accepted.  I'm pretty sure on those days my singing shakes the gates of hell ... and it should!

"I'll live for all my days, to put a smile on your face.
And when we finally meet, it'll be for eternity."


I can't wait for that day!  I'm ashamed to admit there are times I wish 'that day' would come right NOW, but God has his own plan and his own timing.  I can only hope between now and then that the way I live, and love, puts a smile on his face.

"And oh how wide You open up Your arms when I need Your love.
And how far You would come if ever I was lost.
And You said that all You feel for me is undying love.
Then You showed me through the cross."


How far has God come for you?  For me he had to travel through 21 years of selfish living, and stupid choices, insecurity, and low self esteem.  Not an easy journey for many, but for God, it was a piece o' cake.  He doesn't get hung up on the things that we do.  And when He found me, he told me that all he has for me is His undying love.  Wow ... undying?  I guess that means it will never end.  But if that wasn't enough, he pointed me to his son Jesus, and showed me how much He loved me by sending him to die on the cross ... for me.  Have you ever known such love?  Has anyone ever died for you?  When the reality of that hit me, like the writer of the song, all I could sing was ...


"I'll worship you my God, I'll worship you my God.
I love you, I love you."


I hope your relationship with God isn't a casual, part-time, when it's convenient relationship.  I hope you realize how far He came for you.  I hope you spend enough time with him to feel His undying love.  I hope once you experience that love, the only thing you can do is fall to your knees and worship him, and tell him how much you love him.  You'll feel vulnerable, but that's okay ... it won't kill you.


Dear God ... I love you more than I know how to say, explain, or show.  I know I'm not the best example on the planet of what a Christian should be, but I don't think I'm the worst either.  Thank you for coming all this way to find me, and to show me your undying love.  As a result, 'forever I will be with you.'  Thank you for Jesus, and the cross.  Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home