If you fee like you're living a defeated life, maybe you can use this prayer from me to God to help you know how to pray. If you used to live a defeated life and somehow found victory, please take the time to pray for those still trying to achieve victory over shame and condemnation. Thank you. God bless.
Good morning Jesus. Thank you so much for another day to spend with you, and with those closest to me. Having the opportunity to sit down with you each day is priceless treasure. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized I had been trampling on that treasure for a lot of years. I've been trampling on your work at the cross by not forgiving myself. I've abused your grace by carrying with me everywhere I went my two good friends, Guilt and Shame. At times I'd bring condemnation along for the ride as well. I studied those words last night Jesus, and realized how tightly I've held on to those. Maybe I was comfortable with them because they were so familiar to me. I don't know, but by embracing shame as I did, I ignored the power of the death you suffered, and the forgiveness you died for on that cross. I'd ask you to forgive me, but you already have.
I've walked with you long enough to know how I am, and how manipulative satan is. I know that I can "change" in an instant, and then be torn down, feeling broken again just as quickly. I know the last thing the enemy wants if for me to feel strong and victorious. Jesus, help me to help myself. Help me to learn to ignore him, and the lies he tells me every day. My hope is in you; my strength is in you.
There are people in my life who I believe were sent by you to build me up, and support me, and love me when I'm unlovable. There are also people in my life who suck the life out of me at times ... sometimes with actions, sometimes with words, once in awhile with both. Help me to focus and direct my attention and effort towards the former, and to graciously walk away from the latter.
Jesus, today can be the first day of the rest of my life, or it can be just another day. It can be a start of a more joyous and fulfilling life, or it can be another day feeling defeated by shame and condemnation. I want it to be the start of something new, but I'm going to need your help. I'm really going to need your help. I know you're here, present in my life, longing for me to reach out to you. Here I am.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home