"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28, NIV
When I was in my early 20's I worked for a guy named Kirby Cooper. He owned a small landscape installation and maintenance company. One day, while backing a trailer into a driveway at a job site, I rolled over a drainage culvert and tore the sidewall of one of the trailer tires. Kirby had to come to that job site and help me change the tire (I had no tools to use to change it). We struggled to get the trailer out of the ditch, and to get the wheel off, but eventually we got it. Kirby looked at me and told me something I'll always remember:
"If you ever get to the point in life where you can't help yourself, you might as well roll over and die."
My "trailer" has been in life's ditch too long. Torn sidewall or not, I need to help myself out of that ditch, because if I can't help myself ... well ... you know the rest.
I've been burdened with blame
Trapped in the past for too long
I'm moving on
I'm Moving On by Rascal Flatts


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home