Saying Good Night to the Father
Good evening Father. It's late, and it's been a long day. But it's quiet now. Other than my fingers on the keyboard, the only sounds I hear are the clock on the table next to me, and my faithful and loving dog Riley on the floor next to me. You know Riley God ... he's was our first 'baby'. He's been the sweetest, most loyal and obedient dog and pet for us. He's getting old though, and his health seems to be failing. He has a hard time breathing, and at times I wonder if he's gasping for his last breath. All I ask is that when it's his time to cross that rainbow bridge, don't let him suffer. I never want to go through that again.
This is my favorite time of the day to talk with you. Getting it all out, laying it all at your feet before I go to bed always helps me to sleep better. Never mind the fact that every time I start to pray I immediately start yawning. Don't take it personal Father ... it's me, not you. So let me take a minute to tell you a bunch of stuff you already know. It's not the quality of the content, but the time we spend sharing it that's important ... right?
I was offered a job today. Thank you so much for that. It's only part time, on an as needed basis for now, but it may lead to full time employment. I'm a little scared; it's been a long time since I've had to work. Please help me to remember what I used to do. I have to admit though, I have mixed emotions about it. For some reason I thought you were going to take us out of Michigan. On one hand that scared the heck out of me. On the other, I was ready to embrace whatever You had for us. All I really want is your will for my life.
Chris had a weird pain in her foot today. It just came out of the blue. Please look after that for me. It's very rare that she's in pain, or complains about something like that. I'm not used to seeing it. I'm the one who's always aching in some way, shape, or form. Speaking of that, my back is bothering me again. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but you know me. Any consistent pain in my back makes me freak out a bit. Please take care of that too.
Enough about us. There are so many other needs in the world, in our country, and even in our small sphere of influence. For the people we know who are also out of work, please help them to find a job. It's so difficult to face each day not knowing what your future holds ... not knowing what the next few hours hold. Give them a peace knowing that you're in control. For other people we know who are struggling financially, living paycheck to paycheck, living off the money they saved for retirement, living off of the help of family or friends ... will you break all the rules on their behalf, and make what is supposed to be a tough economic year the best year they've had in a long time? Could you do that for them ... not so much because they need it, but more because they need you.
Speaking of needing you, Gabrielle Giffords must have a lot of people praying for her. Her recovery is nothing short of a miracle. I hope and pray that people give you the credit. I certainly do. Thank you God for the healing taking place in her body and in her mind. I pray that you continue to guide the hands of doctors caring for her. The young man who shot her ... Jared ... he needs you too God. It seems he's mad at you, or simply doesn't believe in you ... the truth is, where he's going, he's going to need you.
For the men and women serving in the military, stationed at home and abroad ... bless and protect them and their families, and honor the sacrificial service they give day in and day out. We'd be a different country without them. I pray also for the leaders of our country. Turn their hearts towards you; they need to get their counsel and wisdom from you God. Please have mercy on our nation.
It's so cool to know that you listen to me. Thank you for that. I went from not talking much to not knowing how to shut up. I'm glad you're patient with me, and eager to listen. I'm getting tired so I'll end with this: thank you for saving me, for sending your son Jesus to cancel my sin debt completely, for walking with me day after day, mistake after mistake, and from glory to glory. Thank you for the friends who read this blog and who have written to encourage me. As much as they've blessed me I pray that you turn it around and send blessings to each of them. I'm glad you called me to write this devotional blog. If I can help just one person to know you better, it's worth being more open and transparent than I'd usually be. Life can be tough; my life has been tough; don't waste the hurt. Use me and my experiences to help those and encourage those who need it. Thank you for holding me up, for sustaining me, and for planting my feet upon the rock. Like the old song says, you're "the same God, with the same story" ... thank you for never changing, and for never leaving us. I love you. Good night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home