Saturday, March 12, 2011

There are times when I'm not patient. How do I know this? I've picked up on a few clues that I've left while journeying through life. Clues such as ...

I have no use for red lights or stop signs. Blinking red or yellow lights and yield signs would suffice at most intersections during most times of the day. There's an intersection six blocks from my house that is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Whenever I need to turn left out of our subdivision it seems like I have to wait ... and wait ... and wait ... for a green light, even when there are no vehicles travelling on the cross street. It would be a great location for a smart light, one that recognizes traffic patterns. God only knows the hours I've wasted at that light.

I hate lines ... lines of every kind. Lines of cars at red lights (see above), lines at Cedar Point, and lines at the grocery store. Our friendly, neighborhood grocery store recently closed it's doors due to our 'stellar' local and state economy. Another store in the same chain located less than a mile away closed as well. As a result the one store that's left has seen an increase in business, particularly on Sunday afternoons. On two seperate occasions, both on a Sunday, I went to that store to pick up a few things. Both times I walked in, saw the checkout lines backed up into the aisles, turned around and walked out. I didn't need Moose Tracks that bad.

Some days, like today, I get impatient waiting on God. I feel like I've been waiting so long. Of course it's been nothing like walking circles through the wilderness for 40 years, but for me and my extreme lack of patience it might as well be. As the day wore on I found myself less and less patient with my circumstances. Maybe it's because I thought about them more today than I have in awhile. Or maybe I'm just grumpy today. I don't know, and quite honestly I don't care which one it is.

Looks like I'm at another one of those Christ follower 'put up or shut up' times in life. I tell people all the time that I want God's will for my life, and that I want to do things His way. Today was hard God. Forgive me for having a bad attitude. Thank you for loving me anyway. Catch you later. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home