Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I had a moment of reflection today.  It really was just a moment (which I think is about a minute long ... maybe it was more like two minutes).  In that moment however I thought about a lot that has happened over the past year, and how God has provided so much for my wife and I ... so much that I never could have or would have seen coming.

I thought about it because this afternoon I was video taped at my church giving a short testimony on how God erased a debt that I owed my surgeon.  It's going to be used as part of a series at church.  I couldn't believe how nervous I was talking to the camera ... I hated it.  Anyway, after taping that I had to get to a meeting in downtown Lansing.  The 'reflection' took place while I was driving to that meeting.  I was thinking about all that has happened in the last year that brought me to the point of having to go to this particular meeting.  I thought about all that God has done ... all that He has orchestrated ... all that He has been doing on my behalf, in particular, over the past year.

Things have happened, and phone calls have been made, and meetings have been scheduled, and opportunities have come up, and bands have broken up, and people have shown up, and people have left, and on and on ... there's no way I could have written the script, but I'm so glad to be following the Master Script Writer.

God really is good.  He really does care, about every little detail of our lives.  While I still have a long way to go, I've gotten better at handing over control of my life to God.  I've gotten better at trusting him.  And as a result, things have gotten better.  God bless you, and good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home