Let Them Always See You
I have found myself a hiding place
I have found myself a secret place
In the shelter of Almighty's love
In the safety of a Savior's arms
I will run to the hiding place
I will run to the hiding place
Draw me ever closer to look upon Your face
I will run to the hiding place
I have found myself a hiding place
I have found myself a secret place
In the refuge of a Father's care
In the cleansing blood of Jesus there
Though my fears may overwhelm me
And troubles they surround
Though the wind rise up to take me
My hiding place is already found
Hiding Place by The New Life Worship band with Jared Anderson
Good morning Jesus ... thank you for another day, even if it is only 5 degrees outside. Going to be a great day for having a lower back built out of titanium; that stuff gets cold. Jesus, we're taught that when you came to earth as a man, that you felt every feeling and emotion that we feel. Did you ever feel scared? It's hard for me to imagine you afraid of anything. I can't imagine what your fears were, and if you had any, if they'd 'overwhelm' you.
My fears overwhelm me, but you already know that. Paul tells us to be 'anxious for nothing' but at times the anxiety is overwhelming. Your Word tells us not to 'worry about tomorrow' but my fear of the unknown that tomorrow brings is overwhelming. Jesus ... I'm overwhelmed. I'm sorry ... once again I've fallen short. I've been awake 38 minutes, out of bed for 16, and I've already blown it. That's not a record I'm sure, especially for me, but I'm sorry. I wish after 21 years of walking with you that I was stronger, and more confident.
You know what's funny though? Some people actually think I am. There are people I know who think I'm some spiritual giant. I can't help it ... a small smirk came across my face ... it almost makes me laugh ... but then I think about You, and who You are. I think about the countless times I've run to the 'safety of a Savior's arms' ... the number of times of 'run to the hiding place' ... the time we've spent together. What they see is you, not me. They see you living in and through me. Even when I don't, others do, and that's all that counts I guess. I wouldn't have it any other way; more of You, less of me. Thank you for using me as vessel. Thank you for trusting me with Your most prized possession ... the lives of others that you've connected me with. Jesus ... please let them always see You. My life isn't anything special ... but what You did ... who You are ... now that's special. Let them always see you. Amen.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home